Friday, January 28, 2011

A few new things

This year we decided to be brave and try some things that we have never had before! This was a good and a bad idea. First we decided to try out a prickly pear! I was excited because it always makes me think of the jungle book! So I looked up how to eat one and cut it up and took a bite. My mom said that it was ok, and that it tastes like rhubarb but not as tart and a lot less flavor, Nick said he liked it, and I would be happy to never eat it again. Plus if you have never been prickled by a prickly pear, it sucks. They get all over in your hand like slivers but they are hard to get out. So here is what a prickly pear looks like!




The next item we tried was a star fruit! I would have to say that it was a way better experience than the prickly pear.  I looked up how to cut it up, which was a lot less work than the prickly pear too! And I learned how to buy a ripe one, which I think is the key! Well we all loved the star fruit. Its more tart like a lemon and a lime.  We decided that it would be a new fruit that we will start to buy! Plus they look like stars! which i love!



Well the last thing isn't something new, but it was something that nick and I both grew up with and when I saw it I had to buy some to try it out again! Do you remember the popcorn that was magic and turned colors when it popped!! That's right! We found some the other day and popped it! Well it tastes like regular popcorn just better because its blue!!


No comments:

Post a Comment